Kier Business Services has been providing property and multi-disciplinary services to Lincolnshire County Council for over 15 years and currently provides project management, architecture, civil & structural engineering, building services engineering, cost consultancy, building surveying, estates surveying and CDM Advisor services to the Council via a head contract with Vinci.
An opportunity has arisen for a CDM Advisor to join the team to build on a strong client working relationship advising the Council in resect of its portfolio of new build, refurbishment and repair and maintenance work.
The successful candidate will be expected to work in and around the County including regular meetings in Lincoln where the team is based although a flexible working approach is adopted in respect of day to day location. Working from hom e is an option when suitable in the context of the requirements of the role.
To proactively work with the Council property leadership team, Vinci, KBS’ design and property professionals and externally appointed works contractors in all matters relating to construction health and safety covered by the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
* To brief and educate all parties on their statutory duties under the CDM 2015 including delivery of CDM awareness training
* To co-ordinate the compilation of Pre-Construction Information including liaison with client representatives and designers
* To assist in sourcing, reviewing and assessing record information/surveys/reports relating to construction projects
* To provide advice to all parties on matters relating to design and construction Health and Safety including the application of the Principles of Prevention.
* To attend client / project team meetings as appropriate to review and promote CDM 2015 compliance.
* To contribute to the compilation of feasibility/design stage reports as required
* To review Construction Phase Plans and advise client on their suitability and sufficiency in advance of construction works commencing.
* To monitor compilation and distribution of Health and Safety File documentation
* To notify the HSE of construction works (F10 notification) when appropriate
This role carries no direct reports or Line Management responsibility.
Delivery of projects within agreed project budgets; management of project change control processes.
Candidates will be able to demonstrate the following core capabilities:
* Experience in the role of CDM Advisor, Principal Designer or similar
* A good working knowledge of CDM 2015 and a pro-active approach to the delivery of the role
* Ability to manage own workload and prioritise tasks
* Good communication skills and confidence to be able to challenge and influence others where appropriate
* Ability to work in a diligent manner with an excellent attention to detail
* The ability to travel (driving licence required)
Candidates will be able to demonstrate the following qualifications:
* Degree or higher BTEC in a design, construction or H&S discipline
* NEBOSH or other relevant H&S qualification (desirable but training can be provided to attain formal qualification)
* CSCS Card Holder
* Membership of APS (Association of Project Safety)
Thank you for joining the Network. You will shortly receive a verification email