The Directory of Services (DoS) is central to the safe and effective referral and signposting of patients into the urgent and emergency care system following an initial or clinical assessment of their needs.
It holds and provides real time information about the capabilities and availability of services and also links with other systems to allow the booking of appointments.
The DoS Support Officers are an integral part of the DoS Team, acting as the first point of contact for queries, issues and change requests, using analytical and problem-solving skills for quick and effective resolution of simple to complex issues.
The post holder will use clear and effective verbal and written communication skills to explain issues and actions t o stakeholders, providing advice and guidance on any actions required. Excellent customer care skills and relationship building applies throughout the role and particularly within the key relationships, as below.
Able to work autonomously and as part of the team, with a positive attitude, the post holder will work in a busy environment, multi-tasking whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail at all times.
The post holder may have key relationships with the following teams, departments and organisations:
* Internal Directory of Services (DoS) team
* DoS Leads employed directly within Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs)
* NHS 111 provider
* Service Provider Clinicians and Managers
* CCG Commissioners
* NHS England Commissioners
* Local Authorities
* NHS England National Directory of Services team
* Internal support services and colleagues
Communication & Relationship Skills
1. Liaise with stakeholders such as service providers and commissioners communicating complex, sensitive or contentious information regarding their services.
2. Produce reports which may require the interpretation of highly complex information into meaningful language for customers such as commissioners.
3. Conduct DoS profile reviews with community and specialist services annually or more often if required due to changes. During these meetings, skills such as persuasion and negotiation may be required to gain agreement for new clinical details to be added to their service profiles. Reassurance may need to be given to instil confidence that the advised content is suitable for their particular service.
4. Liaise with potential DoS users when they request an account.
5. Chair informal or small meetings.
6. Bu ild positive working relationships with stakeholders.
Key Skills and Qualifications: Person Specification
* Degree or equivalent experience
* Intermediate knowledge of IT systems and software programmes such as Excel, Word and Outlook
* Knowledge of the Directory of Services
* Understanding of Confidentiality and Data Protection Act
* Analysis of complex issues
* Problem solving
* Accurate data input
* Customer care
* Drafting, editing and producing correspondence, reports and other documents
* Using judgement to deal appropriately with telephone and electronic forms of communication
* Working effectively with stakeholders
* NHS experience
* Project support
* Dealing with sensitive and confidential information
* Able to work autonomously and manage own workload
* Confident and effective verbal and written communicator; capable of constructing and delivering clear information and instructions
* An ability to build positive working relationships and trust
* Professional, calm and efficient manner
* Resourceful and enthusiastic with a positive and flexible approach to work
* Ability to work under pressure in a busy working environment and able to multi-task
* Effective team working
About Kier: Make the journey. Leave a legacy. Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.
Thank you for joining the Network. You will shortly receive a verification email