Kier Property, Design & Business Services have a vacancy for an experienced Surveyor to join the team to assist in delivering a growing programme of works. This is a full time technical role that involves working closely with private and public sector clients, professional colleagues and other disciplines, in order to deliver a high quality and timely end product both as a team and as a part of Design & Business Services multi-disciplinary property offering.
Responsibilities (but not limited to)
You will report to and assist the Regional Team Lead – 'Building Surveying’ to deliver Building Surveying commissions and projects as necessary and w ill be accountable for quality and effective delivery.
You will be required to ensure the successful delivery of your projects, meeting financial, time, quality, and client satisfaction objectives.
The role requires effective technical and financial project delivery and support for the development of external business opportunities.
You may assist in the preparation of bid submissions and, presentation materials.
• Financially monitor your projects, monitor and record changes on the commission, agree fees, changes and final accounts with clients in line with business cycle.
• Contribute fully to the wider project team so that service delivery supports the business needs of Design& Business Services,
• Provide technical / professional expertise advice and guidance. Demonstrate a commitment to continuing professional dev elopment.
•Assist in meeting the Business Development objectives and represent Kier in a professional and brand enhancing manner. Assist with bids and proposals as required.
• Seek, identify and exploit opportunities for adding value, improving customer service, efficiency and effectiveness through continuous improvement.
• Undertake other appropriate duties commensurate with the role as required by the Head of Service.
What are we looking for?
Previous experience in this field is essential.
Degree level qualification or equivalent, with at least 3 years relevant works experience. Associate or full MRICS status or equivalent professional body would be an advantage.
Appropriate experience in the relevant field with excellent technical skills, strong influencing s kills.
Has a proven ability to plan, organise and control projects.
Has some experience of service across different customers and into public sector organisations.
Evidence of building relationships with clients. Experience and understanding of Health and Safety, Quality Management and CDM regulations.
Able to deliver high quality technical solutions with experience of producing building specifications and 2D CAD drawings.
A strong communicator across business and within team. Commercially aware, with evidence of delivering profitable, cost effective and efficient services that meet client needs while also protecting the needs of your business.
Evidence of sharing best practice and knowledge within an organisation, and able to work effectively within a company that fosters continuous improvement.
• Gains commitment from others, displays a p ositive attitude
• Accepts personal accountability and has a ‘can do’ approach
• Resilient and optimistic, meets deadlines
• Embraces change
Kier are a leading property, residential, construction and services group which invest in, build, maintain and renew the places where people live, work and play.
Operating across a range of sectors including defence, education, housing, industrial, power, transport and utilities. We employ over 21,000 people across our operations in the UK, the Caribbean, the Middle East, Hong Kong and Australia.
Together, we make the world work better.
Thank you for joining the Network. You will shortly receive a verification email