Our Corporate business is responsible for providing support services for all other ScottishPower businesses. We know people are central to building a better future, quicker and we are seeking new talent to join our team.
INTERNAL AUDIT The Institute of Internal Auditors defined Internal Auditing as an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve an organization's operations. It helps an organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes. Internal auditing is a catalyst for improving an organization's governance, risk management and management controls by providing insight and recommendations based on analyses and assessments of data and business processes. With commitment to integrity and accountability, internal auditing provides value to governing bodies and senior management as an objective source of independent advice.
Job Description The role provides an excellent opportunity to gain a good understanding of all the Scottish Power businesses and key risks/challenges facing the Group. You will review, challenge and influence current processes and controls and also have wide exposure to SP senior management and the opportunity to work closely with our colleagues in the wider Iberdrola Internal Audit team. Tasks for this role will include:
· Responsible for end to end delivery of internal audit reviews across planning, fieldwork and reporting, including clearance with senior business directors/management for onwards submission to the SP Audit & Compliance Committee (ACC).
· Perform proactive risk assessment and engage with senior SP stakeholders to ensure assigned audit works are focussed on the highest risk areas.
· Form opinions on the adequacy of management processes and controls, providing robust independent assurance and recommendations to senior management for improvement where required.
· Manage workload to ensure that audits are delivered within agreed timescales, ensuring ACC works are prioritised, and are fully documented in accordance with group quality procedures. Ensure that audit work is of a high standard in light of the senior level of recipients of reports.
· Act as the expert point of contact for SP for both the SP and Global Internal Audit function, ensuring key risks and complex subject matters are explained and understood within the wider function as required. Represent SP Internal Audit in the Group of Experts forum within the group to work collaboratively with Iberdrola colleagues to ensure consistency of approach.
· Maintain an effective network of relationships for assigned business area ensuring that key risks are fully understood and are incorporated into the audit planning process.
· Provide advice/ input to the business on how to improve and strengthen the business control environment.
Educated to degree level
Professional Accountancy, Internal Audit, Risk Management or related qualification
Experience in management role desirable
Extensive experience of risk based Internal Auditing in a large company
Ability to present concise and clear findings to senior management, providing convincing arguments to influence future actions/processes.
Proven self-starter with ability to prioritise workload whilst focussing on quality and delivery to agreed timelines.
Strong coaching skills and experience of supervision of junior staff