Salary Range: £28.5k (trainee rate) to £33.3k (when fully qualified and operational) + overtime & benefits.
Location: Hampshire, Berkshire & Oxfordshire this role will be field based. (Please state which location is preferable when applying for the role.
What are we looking for?
We have opportunities within our Electrical & Instrumentation team, operating across our Southern gas network.
Building on your existing skills and experience you will work on electrical and instrumentation equipment and installations connected with the gas supply network, and be responsible for the installation, commissioning, maintenance and fault finding on a wide range of equipment and plant.
The role involves working both indoors and out, often on your own but as an integral part of a wider team, and at times in direct contact with customers.
What does an Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer do?
Installation, maintenance and fault finding on electrical and instrumentation systems, for example:
· Telemetry and Electrical systems
· Pressure and flow monitoring
· Gas quality systems
· Safety systems
· Security systems
· Power supply and generation
Do you have what we are looking for?
· This is a diverse, hands-on practical role, working indoors and outdoors in all weathers, at heights and in confined spaces, where every day is different.
· Excellent attitude to safety.
· Good communication and team working skills.
· A relevant electronic or electrical qualification is essential, such as but not limited to City and Guilds electrical installation or NVQ level 3. However, we would be happy to receive an application if you have gained equivalent levels of electrical competence.
· Regular travel is required and therefore you must have a full valid UK driver s license.
· You will be expected to participate in an out of hours standby rota.
What will I get in return?
· Competitive starting salary and other benefits, including pension scheme.
· A company vehicle, tools, equipment and PPE.
· Potential for further development and progression.
· Employment with a highly regarded, award winning company with a commitment to developing an equal, diverse and inclusive culture.
Who we are?
SGN manage the network that distributes natural and green gas to 5.9 million homes and businesses across Scotland and the south of England. Whoever your supplier is, our pipes deliver gas safely, reliably and efficiently to every one of our customers. It s your gas, in our network.
Thank you for joining the Network. You will shortly receive a verification email