Salary: £27.0k - £33.3k (dependent on skills & qualifications)
We are recruiting for a Pipeline Officer to join our Maintenance Department in Northern Ireland, predominantly concerned with the safe operation of our HP Local Transmission Pipelines. This role is a new opportunity arising from the recent introduction of SW/2 (Work Instruction for Safe Working in the Vicinity of Pipelines & AGIs operating >7barg), the introduction of which has led to greater onsite supervision and liaison with 3rd parties working around our HP assets.
As a Pipeline Officer you will interface with 3rd party undertakers of works in the vicinity of SGN s high pressure pipelines, providing guidance and advice on all aspects of their works impact on our assets. You will work closely with technicians and engineers, forming part of a team maintaining the full range of gas transmission and distribution assets in NI
· You will advise on the presence and position of pipelines
· Understand restrictions on working within pipeline easements and the hazards and dangers of damaging high pressure pipelines
· Administer the safe working practices that are required in the vicinity of high pressure pipelines and associated installations.
· Excellent communicator that can build and maintain a wide variety of relationships
· Engineering/civils gas background preferable.
· Ability to understand engineering drawings and maps
· Prepared to work outside in the field, in and out of normal hours
· Physically fit (working around deep excavations, fences, walk long distances etc)
Applications are sought from internal candidates who may have experience in emergency or distribution activities and are looking for a new challenge. Full training will be provided to successful candidates.
A full and valid driving licence is essential.
Thank you for joining the Network. You will shortly receive a verification email