Salary: (Dependent on skills & qualifications) Personal Contract
Location: Horley Periodic travel to London, Scotland and some potential overseas travel (US and Europe)
What does a Treasury Manager do?
The Treasury Manager IR & Compliance role has primary responsibility for compliance across the group s various financing arrangements, regulatory reporting and engagement with the group s key debt stakeholders. In addition, the role will also act as back-up to key workstreams in the Treasury Manager Cash & Funding role and will require the incumbent to support the Treasurer on key ad hoc strategic projects including financing and risk management strategy.
· Maintain compliance schedule for the Group covering all treasury areas: monoline documentation; bond documentation; PP documentation; loan facility documentation; ISDA documentation; EIB documentation; and licence conditions
· Engage with all relevant stakeholders across the business to communicate and educate on key compliance areas to ensure that feedback is provided periodically
· Take ownership of coordinating all compliance submissions for all treasury areas
· Support the compliance process for any new treasury documentation
· Monitor and forecast all relevant financial ratios within finance documentation and credit rating agency metrics
Rating agency relationships:
- Act as subject matter expert for all credit rating agency methodologies;
- Co-ordinate submission of any information requested by the rating agencies, including: periodic reports;
- annual report and accounts; business forecasts;
- Prepare annual credit rating agency presentations and coordinate contact;
- Review and challenge rating agency credit opinions and assessments of financial and business profile to maintain Group credit rating strategy;
- Engage with banks and advisors as necessary to ensure that maintain a good understanding of changes in rating agency methodologies and behaviour;
- Communicate rating agency feedback across the group and maintain insider lists that support this process;
- Manage enquiries from fixed income investors and ensure that queries are responded to promptly;
- Support periodic investor meetings with SGN management team including any roadshows;
- Develop and maintain standard presentation to update investors at FY and HY, that can be made publicly available;
- Develop and maintain a debt investor section of the SGN website, benchmarked against industry peers and best in class issuers, to ensure that investors have access to relevant information;
Annual report and accounts:
- Review and provide commentary on annual report and FY and HY accounts for all treasury areas;
- Develop and improve disclosure to facilitate the ability of debt stakeholders to understand the business;
· Actively engage in the business planning process by considering impact of planning and strategy on credit metrics and finaciability;
· Support the corporate finance team by engaging with them to provide strategic model inputs and review credit metric/financiability outputs;
· Support the regulatory team by providing insight into debt stakeholder expectations including review of regulator proposals;
· Act as back-up for the key workstreams within the Treasury Manager Cash & Funding role in their absence primarily cash flow forecasting & cash management; and
· Support the Treasurer with ad hoc projects, absorbing workload and responsibilities across the Treasury team as necessary.
Do you have what we are looking for?
The successful candidate requires the following:
· Treasury experience of at least 3 years
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· AMCT qualified, or studying towards exams
· Investor relations experience
· Understanding of credit ratios
· Understanding of financing instruments
· Understanding of interest rate derivatives
· Experience/knowledge of analysing/negotiating bank, EMTN, ISDA, private placement documentation
· Team player with the ability to act on own initiative when appropriate
· Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office
· High attention to detail and work accurately when under pressure and able to manage tight deadlines
· Proactive outlook and approach
What will I get in return?
¢ Competitive starting salary and other benefits, including company pension scheme.
¢ Plenty of potential for further development and progression within the Company.
¢ Employment with a highly regarded, award winning company with a commitment to developing an equal, diverse and inclusive culture.
¢ A designated mentoring and training programme will form part of this appointment
Who we are
SGN manage the network that distributes natural and green gas to 5.9 million homes and businesses across Scotland and the south of England. Whoever your supplier is, our pipes deliver gas safely, reliably and efficiently to every one of our customers. It s your gas, in our network.
Thank you for joining the Network. You will shortly receive a verification email