Salary: £42,000 to £50,000+ dependent on experience + car / car allowance + annual performance bonus + pension + 28 days holiday
Location: Based at Leeds
Purpose of the role
To work with the Delivery teams across different workstreams to maximise the financial and resource efficiencies throughout the 5-year AMP period.
Directly managing planners and document controllers taking responsibility for creating and implementing Programme and project plans, challenging the schedules, identifying the critical path and managing interdependencies across all work streams to support the Delivery team.
To create detailed delivery plans in support of risks and recommend solutions where necessary.
By working with Senior team members and key stakeholders you will agree key milestones, activities and resource requirements ensuring that conflicts are identified at the earliest opportunity.
Gathering statistical data and generating reports. Managing the document control of projects to ensure document management systems are updated and timescales are met in accordance with project and contract requirements.
· Interacts with management and cross functional colleagues at a strategic level to drive business improvements.
· Creating implementation plans, challenging the schedules, identifying the critical path and managing the interdependencies across all work streams.
· Collaborates with Senior managers and key stakeholders to maximise the financial and resource efficiencies of the capital and revenue programme.
· Support managers with resource management to assist in forecasting and identify risk at the earliest opportunity.
· Creating detailed delivery plans in support of risks and recommend solutions where necessary.
· Creating planning studies and generating reports about new programmes, plans and projects.
· Lead and manage the planning teams to deliver excellent performance by setting clear expectations linked to business targets, having meaningful performance discussions that recognise and reward the right performance and behaviours and challenges where individual performance and behaviours do not meet expectations.
· Managing the document control of projects to ensure document management systems are updated and timescales are met in accordance with project and contract requirements.
· Responsible for ensuring that all asset data, as-built drawings and technical documentation has been delivered/populated on corporate systems and is truly representative of the final delivered contract scope.
· Manage activities in order to ensure robust financial management and commercial awareness form the foundation of all business decisions in line with Yorkshire water strategy.
Knowledge and Skills Required
· Significant, proven industry relevant engineering planning experience for contracts delivered in a regulated medium to large scale industrial/chemical process environment.
· Experience of managing and leading a team with a proven track record of driving sustainable performance against challenging business targets.
· Practical working knowledge and familiarity with operating projects in accordance with the CDM Regulations.
· Working knowledge and use of MS Project or another recognised planning software to project manage multiple contracts and scopes of work.
· Able to understand and practically discuss the relevant aspects of technical and process safety related activities and documentation ie; Engineering Risk Assessment/Safety Reviews, Functional Design Specifications, Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and Electrical/Loop drawings, HAZOP, FMEA as they relate to the delivery of the contract specification. · Experience of and proficiency in the use of SAP and Office 365 products including SharePoint.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate complex technical concepts into more readily understood information suitable for a wider business audience, able to influence people across multifunctional teams throughout the business.
· Experience of liaising with the Health & Safety Executive and the Environment Agency.
· Full valid EU driving license
· Professional member and/or qualification in Project Management (eg; PRINCE2, Six Sigma etc)
· Asset management experience within a large-scale engineering or process related industry
· Experience of technical contract management, tender review and setting of technical KPIs.
· Previous experience gained within the water or waste water sectors or within the broader utilities, process or manufacturing industry sectors.
· Experience of leading and embedding change, able to influence and drive right culture and behaviours.
· Previous experience of ISO55000/PAS 55 Quality Assurance Systems
What's in it for you?
Career enhancement and development, colleague well-being and a genuinely positive work experience for all are key priorities. We are continuously evolving and improving our ways of working and you will support us in achieving our vision of 'taking responsibility for the water environment for good'.
Everyone has an idea of what a water company does. Here in Yorkshire we make sure that all 5.2 million people living in the region have clean safe drinking water on tap and their waste water taken away. But for us it's so much more than this.
We care passionately about the environments and communities in which we work; we always look for new innovative ways to do things that deliver great value for our business and deliver the service our customers want and expect.
Our customers are at the heart of what we do and how we do things. We work best as a company to deliver this when we work together - team work, creativity, enthusiasm and passion are inherent within our 3000 people who work 24/7 365 days a year to keep Yorkshire's water flowing.
We are a business that has its eye on the future, planning ahead to look after Yorkshire's water, today, tomorrow and always.
Yorkshire Water values equality, diversity and inclusion we celebrate and support difference and believe that everyone should be treated with respect. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of gender, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, religion or belief and trade union membership.
Yorkshire Water reserve the right to close this position before the published closing date, should the need occur. We therefore advise that you complete and submit your application as soon as possible.
We currently have an opportunity for a Programme Planning Manager within our Asset Integrity function.
Thank you for joining the Network. You will shortly receive a verification email